Raycon is here to shake the consumer electronics industry to its core by proving that premium audio doesn’t have to price people out. We’re here to defy the industry by tailoring our tech to the people– giving them booming audio and luxurious comfort. By listening to our customers we’ve become one of the fastest-growing D2C brands out there (we’ve hit 1 million customers and on track to hit 2 million soon!). And best of all, we’re nowhere near done.
Our products have been co-signed by celebrities like P. Diddy, Justin Bieber, Migos, Snoop Dogg just to name a few. We’ve also gotten shout outs from Forbes, CNN, Mashable, Cheddar and Billboard.
We’re blowing up right now and that’s where you come in. We need people ready to hit the ground running, because Raycon is going places. Ready for the ride? Learn more at rayconglobal.com.
About the Role
Raycon is looking for an experienced Head of Operations to lead the process of building a world class operations infrastructure to power our growth. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we have to leverage our operational advantages to create competitive advantages.
The ideal candidate has experience scaling a fast-paced e-commerce company and requires proficiency in operational excellence, process optimization, analytics, and customer service. You will be responsible for honing in on optimizing our unit economics and making cost improvements, ensuring our operational process delivers amazing customer experience, and supercharges our growth by having operations enable sales and marketing opportunities. You will oversee core operational functions such as supply chain, order/inventory management, and customer experience. You should be familiar with eCommerce and retail processes, ERP systems such as SAP or Netsuite, and take a direct role in supporting the finance team with public or private audits.
You will report directly to our CEO.
This is a full-time position and includes a competitive base salary and benefits. The preferred location for this role is onsite in our New York office.
What We're Looking For
- Directly oversee inbound and outbound inventory processes, including domestic and international warehouse management, inventory management, and fulfillment processes
- Oversee the Supply Chain and Product Development team to ensure new product launches and production matches target launch dates and sales forecasts
- Negotiate unit economics improvements across all of our partners and vendors
- Work closely with our business partners relating to logistics (3PLs, import), e-commerce (3rd party apps, order processing), retail, and ERP
- Oversee vendor management, purchase order processing, and reverse logistics
- Lead international expansion/localization related to entity set up, 3PL onboarding, inventory planning, tech integrations, customer experience, and VAT/tax compliance
- Develop roadmap for Operations team structure as we enter into new product lines, markets, and sales channels
- Work together with our Finance team to ensure all data related to orders and inventory is accurately and consistently recorded, particularly for end-of-month closings, and streamline processes to meet public and private audit standards
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of strategy, business operations, retail, CPG, consulting, finance or an equivalent field. Experience with a D2C brand is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proficient with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiar with ERP Systems such as SAP or Netsuite
- You are hands on. While you know how to effectively manage a team, no job is too small and you’re happy to roll up your sleeves if something needs to get done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with the team at all levels, within a highly collaborative environment
- You are exceptional at streamlining processes, keeping things organized and executing
- You see the big picture. While details are always important, you never lose scope of the larger vision and accordingly coordinate the operational objectives
- You’re a problem solver. You’ve “Escaped the Room”. You can think on your feet, with analytical skills a huge plus
- You are not afraid of challenges. Taking large and calculated risks do not unnerve you and you embrace the responsibility
- You’re open-minded. To learning new things, being around new people, mentorship, feedback, and learning and growing in your role
- You have passion. Maybe you’re an amateur pinball player, a writer, a car enthusiast, a side hustler. You know what it’s like to be a go-getter and you embrace it
- You have a sense of humor. You know life’s too short to take yourself too seriously
We’re here to democratize technology and enable inspirational audio experiences for everyone around the world. We’ll do so by designing accessible products that are thoughtfully designed, affordable, and born of genuine consumer needs.
Growth Potential: Work in a $800B+ market and growing
- The consumer electronics industry is massive, global, and growing!
- More specifically, the wireless audio industry will soon grow to a $100B+ market with fast growth as new technology is introduced
- 70%+ of smartphone users are still using wired earphones today
- Raycon has hit 1m customers and on track this year to hit 2m customers